Tasks of the Committee
The tasks of the Committee include undertaking all activities aimed to develop mathematical sciences, for instance:
- Issuing opinions and evaluations concerning projects related to mathematics.
- Taking care of representative contribution of Polish science in the development of global science, including the development of international cooperation.
- Analysing and evaluating the level of mathematics education in Poland.
- Cooperation with government organisations aiming to examine and evaluate the level of mathematics education, research priorities and developmental directions of mathematics.
- Cooperation with Polish Mathematical Society, Polish Academy of Arts and Sciences and other national organizations and associations whose statutory activity is related to the development of mathematics in Poland.
- Organising and patronage of scientific conferences and seminars.
- Evaluation and submission of applications for funding aiming to promote mathematical science.